Am I in business?

What do I need to consider?

Am I in Business?

If you started trading in the period from 6th April 2018 to 5th April 2019 or before, then you need to consider if you should be registered for self-assessment.


What could class as trading?

·        An intention to make a profit


·        Systematic and repeated transactions, think of your ebay sales


·        Intention to trade in items normally owned as an investment or for personal pleasure


·        Assets purchased, repaired, modified or improved for sale to make a profit


·        Assets sale typical of the organisation.


·        An intention to resell an asset shortly after purchase


More details can be found at

I am in business, what do I do now?

If you believe that you are trading, then you will need to be registered for self-employment and self-assessment.

Follow the link:


If you prefer, we will be happy to register you on your behalf. Just give us a ring, email or text and we will get you started on the right footing.

Contact us on 01322 661266, 07711776208 or

Follow me!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous article

Making Tax Digital for VAT

Next article

End of the tax year